Our mud kitchen was tested out by FI (Nursery) this afternoon and proved to be a great success.
Here are just a few of the skills that children can develop through mud kitchen play:
- Development of Pretence - children developing the capacity to use their imagination to feed their play.
- Development and use of receptive and expressive language - children's ability to listen to and understand what is being said to them and also their ability to communicate their ideas and thoughts in a way that others can understand.
- Mental representations - ideas that children create in their mind and then play out through role play and interaction.
- Transform objects - children use their imagination to turn one object into another.
- Interactive dialogue - children talk to others who respond appropriately.
- Negotiation - using language and conversation skills to reach a compromise or end result.