The vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium is the ALL pupils leaving primary school are physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy and active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following OBJECTIVE:
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools against 5 key indicators. It is important to emphasise that the focus of the spending must lead to long-lasting impact against the above vision that will live well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding when it ceases.
1. the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - kick-starting healthy and active lifestyles
2. the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a teaching tool for whole-school improvement
3. increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. broader experience of a range of sport and activities offered to pupils
5. increased participation in competitive sport
In the academic year 2018/2019, we received £17735 Sports Premium Funding.